While it’s normal to receive one dental treatment at a time, some patients desire dramatic results that can only be obtained through a strategic treatment plan involving several procedures. At our downtown Denver, CO, practice, we offer comprehensive dental care; this means we can help patients who need critical restorative procedures (such as dental crowns, dental implants, periodontal disease treatment or bruxism treatment) through a comprehensive full mouth restoration. Similarly, we can help those patients desiring a beautifully new smile through a smile makeover (combining several of our cosmetic services for a “wow”-worthy final smile). Below, learn more about these two detailed treatment plans, and whether they are right for your unique smile.
When it comes to high quality dentistry in Denver, CO, look no further than Metro Dental Care! Our practice has been proud to serve the Denver community for over 30 years, and would love to show you our patient-centric approach to care. Whether you are looking for a new provider or are new to the area, give us a call to schedule a consultation.
What is full mouth dental restoration?
Restorative dentistry is a range of services that repair tooth decay, damage or loss, as well as periodontal issues such as gingivitis or advanced periodontitis. These treatments restore both the function and aesthetics of a full, healthy smile. A full mouth dental restoration combines several restorative treatments to correct significant and/or widespread dental health issues.
This treatment plan is not for everyone: typically, our Denver, CO, team performs these more complex and lengthy treatments on patients who have advanced or widespread oral health issues.
What should I expect with a full mouth restoration?
This treatment is unique because it is always tailored for a patient’s exact needs. However, many full mouth restoration treatments include several of the following procedures:
- Dental implants: to replace missing tooth roots with a permanent titanium appliance
- Root canals: to remove infected soft tissues from the inner tooth
- Extractions: to remove teeth or aging dental appliances that negatively impact oral health or are severely damaged or deteriorated
- Dental crowns: to protect a vulnerable tooth by placing a protective porcelain “cap” around the crown of the natural tooth
- Dental bridges: to replace one or more consecutive missing teeth with a dental appliance supported by one or more dental crowns
What is a smile makeover?
Unlike a full mouth restoration, a smile makeover is for patients who have healthy teeth and gums. This treatment instead focuses on improving the aesthetics of the smile. For those patients who are dissatisfied with their current smile due to misaligned, discolored, dull, or crooked teeth, a smile makeover can drastically improve their smile in a short amount of time. Smile makeovers not only enhance a patient’s natural smile but boost self-confidence!
What should I expect with a smile makeover?
Several cosmetic procedures are typically associated with a smile makeover. Our doctors usually combine two or more of the following:
- Teeth whitening: to safely lighten outer tooth enamel through powerful bleaching agents
- Porcelain veneers: to cover imperfections in the smile by placing thin, porcelain coverings over the front teeth visible in the smile
- Orthodontics: to create a straighter, more symmetrical alignment of teeth through treatments such as Invisalign®
- Crowns: to improve the appearance of a discolored or damaged, but otherwise healthy, tooth
- Dental bonding: to correct little imperfections, such as uneven spaces between teeth, with a tooth-colored composite resin
Healthier, More Radiant Smiles at Metro Dental Care
If you are interested in perfecting your smile through a smile makeover, or are looking to dramatically improve the health of your teeth and gums through a full mouth restoration, our experienced dental teams are here to help. Contact our downtown Denver, CO, practice today to schedule your initial consultation.