Your smile pulls double duty; it not only functions as a way to speak and eat, but conveys your mood and alters your appearance. Dentistry services from Metro Dental Care combine form and function to address both sides of your unique smile. When it comes to restoring and repairing your smile, two comprehensive treatments can provide dramatic results for a totally new smile. For patients desiring improved health and function, a full mouth restoration offers restorative treatments. And for those patients desiring improved aesthetics and form, a smile makeover can alter the appearance of teeth and gums for a beautiful, inviting smile. Below, learn more about the procedures included in both of these comprehensive treatments, and which could be right for you.
What is included in a full mouth restoration?
Restorative dentistry is a broad group of dental services that repairs tooth loss, damage or decay, as well as periodontal issues like periodontal disease or gum recession. These treatments restore the healthy function of a full smile. A full mouth restoration is a customized treatment plan that varies for each patient, depending on their health needs; no one treatment is the same. The comprehensive plan combines several restorative treatments to correct substantial and/or widespread oral health issues.
Full mouth restoration is not for everyone: our dentists only perform these extensive treatments on patients who have advanced periodontal disease, tooth decay, or several missing or damaged teeth. Many full mouth restorations include several of the following procedures:
- Root canals: to eliminate inflamed or infected soft tissues from the tooth pulp
- Extractions: to remove teeth that negatively affect overall oral health
- Dental implants: to restore missing teeth through a fixed, free-standing titanium appliance
- Dental crowns: to protect a damaged or vulnerable tooth with a protective cap around the tooth crown’s outer surface
- Dental bridges: to replace one or more consecutive missing teeth through a dental appliance connected between two dental crowns
What is included in a smile makeover?
Unlike a full mouth restoration, a smile makeover is a comprehensive treatment plan that includes several cosmetic dentistry services to improve the appearance of teeth and gums. This treatment is for patients with healthy teeth and gums who simply with to gain a more cosmetically beautiful smile. This treatment can boost confidence by fixing the issues that keep some patients from freely smiling (for example, crooked, discolored, chipped, cracked or misaligned teeth).
Any of our cosmetic procedures can be included as part of a smile makeover treatment. These include:
- Teeth whitening: to brighten tooth enamel and lift tooth stains with in-office or at-home treatments
- Porcelain veneers: to camouflage imperfections in the smile by covering the teeth’s front surface with a thin, ceramic covering
- Orthodontics or Invisalign®: to create a straighter, more symmetrical alignment of teeth
- Dental crowns: to alter the appearance of a cosmetically damaged, but otherwise healthy, tooth
- Gum contouring: to remove excess gum tissue, in order to correct a “gummy” smile
Healthy and Beautiful Smiles for Denver, CO patients
We believe smiles should maintain a balance of form and function, and we offer the treatments necessary to improve both. If you are interested in perfecting your smile through a smile makeover, or need to drastically improve the health of your teeth and gums through a full mouth reconstruction, our experienced Denver dentists are here to help. Contact our Denver practice to schedule your consultation with one of our local dentists.